Ryan | Mar 5, 2018 | 1
Avengers 2 preview footage reveals Iron Man’s Hulkbuster armor
[Image Credit: Marvel/ABC]
[Source: Radio Times]
For those of you who don’t like spoilers, I suggest you read no further. For those that love a little tease, begin to rejoice because we have some great tidbits regarding the upcoming film “Avengers: Age of Ultron.”
The staff at Radio Times recently had the chance to view some footage from “Avengers: Age of Ultron” and they got to see quite a bit of action and even a glimpse of Iron Man’s Hulkbuster armor meant for battling the Hulk. Read Radio Times‘ description of it below.
Known as the ‘Hulkbuster’ in the comics, it looks like Stark’s normal red and gold armour after hitting the gym, and is almost the size of the Hulk himself. Where his normal suit is sleek as a missile, this is bruising like a tank. It’s the iPad to the original’s iPhone, Frasier to the original’s Niles. There’s no word on why the two heroes are fighting, but the Hulk doesn’t need much reason to get in a scrap. You can see some concept art of the fight above: it actually looks better here than the very unfinished footage we saw.
In addition to the footage of Iron Man’s new armor, there were a few other details that were provided. Here is a summation of the feedback from the footage:
- Scarlet Witch was shown using her powers and fighting alongside Hawkeye on a demolished Italian street.
- Quicksilver is shown using his powers without the special effects, given it was unedited footage.
- Both Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver appear to be imprisoned earlier in the footage.
- Avengers Tower is revealed to be remodeled from Tony’s destroyed penthouse in “Avengers” featuring metallic pillars.
- The Avengers will be fighting Ultron and all of his robot drones.