For today (October 24) Netflix subscribers can watch “St. Vincent” for free!
Netflix has garnered even more clout by securing a deal to stream Bill Murray’s “St. Vincent” for free today. While the stipulation is that you must be in France, there is an absolute legal (currently) way to stream the film from your home computer and possibly to your TV. Instead of getting into the news of this monumental deal, I’ve decided to help all of the freeloaders watch the film from their home computers legally and free of charge.
How to stream “St. Vincent” from your personal Netflix account:
- Step 1: First download the Google Chrome internet browser here and install.
- Step 2: Download the Hola Better Internet Chrome extension here and install.
- Step 3: A flame with a smiley face should appear in the top right corner of your browser. Click it then turn it on by pressing the power symbol if it is off.
- Step 4: From the “Select a Country” section click “More” and then scroll down to France and click it.
- Step 5: Go to http://www.netflix.com and sign into your account.
- Step 6: Search for “St. Vincent” and then click the play button.
- Step 7: If an error occurs or the film won’t play, exit the browser and try again repeating Steps 3 – 7 if necessary.
Now most of you must be thinking that there is some catch to this but honestly there is not. I’ve used the Hola extension before and I wouldn’t even take the chance of endangering the sanctity of Film Fad if I had doubts.
The way that Hola works is it is a VPN (Virtual Private Network) that allows you to browse the internet as if you were in the country that you selected. The way that Hola works is that it allows users to send their internet traffic through one of Hola’s servers located around the world thereby browsing the internet as a computer located in that country would.
Let it be known that we do not condone piracy in any form. Filmmakers deserve their credit and earnings for their hard work but if they choose to make their film available, then there is no harm in telling everyone about it.
“St. Vincent” is confirmed by Variety to only be available today (October 24) and does not guarantee that it will be available tomorrow.